Specialists in…


If you’d like to know more about our services please use the contact form below.

At Morrison Spowart we pride ourselves on actively assisting vulnerable members of society. Our Public Law team will assist any department of the firm as and when the need arises, whatever the public law or human rights issue.

We have extensive experience in coordinating judicial review challenges in the following areas:

  • Criminal Law
  • Family Law
  • Housing Law
  • Community Care

The majority of our actions are against Local Authorities on issues concerning needs assessments and provision of services.

The most significant public law decision successfully brought by this firm was our 2008 challenges against the London Borough of Lewisham in the High Court for failing to provide the appropriate financial allowance for those seeking a Special Guardianship Order- B v London Borough of Lewisham [2008] EWHC 738 (Admin). This case is now relied upon as authority on this point.

Our Public Law department is headed by Anne Spowart, Partner.

If you feel that we may be able to assist you please telephone 020 8698 9200 or email us at: enquiries@morrisonspowart.com to discuss your case.

Relationship breakdown – We understand that this can be a difficult and distressing time for clients who are likely to be facing emotional and financial difficulties. We can guide you through the difficulties sensitively and efficiently with a view to achieving the best outcome for you. We aim to deal with cases in a constructive and non-confrontational manner, with referrals to mediation in the first instance where appropriate, so as to avoid the costs. . If however court proceedings do become necessary, we will work hard to bring your case to a fair conclusion. We have expertise in advising on the legal procedure of divorce, the dissolution of civil partnerships and judicial separation. We can advise on resolving financial matters including the legal ownership of property and financial settlements for children. In certain circumstances we can obtain emergency financial injunctions.​

Scroll to Top